Pages

Friday, February 10

ClixSense Review

On January 23, 2012 I joined ClixSense.  It only took one day for me to decide to upgrade to a premium account; so on January 24, 2012 I was officially a premium member on their site.  With an increased amount of ads to click and the ability to have an 8-level affiliate downline I was extremely excited to say the least.  To make money not only off of my direct referrals, but also off of theirs, was a huge selling point for me.  I believed this website would actually make me money.  Oh boy was I wrong!
It’s only been 16 days since I have joined, but I am still at 0 direct referrals.  Like I said in a different blog, it doesn’t matter if you have been on this website for 8 days or 8 weeks, without significant advertising you won’t get referrals, period.  With that in mind I signed up with Bidvertiser a couple weeks ago to help promote my blog and some of the other PTC websites I’m on.  Before I even started advertising the other sites I concentrated on ClixSense.  When I realized there was no option to rent referrals I panicked and knew my only option was to advertise, advertise, and advertise some more.  It’s not like people will become my direct referral without some type of advertising, right?  I signed up for Bidvertiser for one simple reason; they were offering a free $20 account for any new signups.  Depending how much I wanted to spend per click I could get a serious amount of people looking at this site.  I went ahead and set the bid anywhere from $0.05 on upwards of $0.55.  I wanted to fluctuate the exposure to see what works and what doesn’t.  Remember, I’m paying for people to click on the ad in hopes they sign up.  After nearly 100,000 impressions (views) and 90 clicks I still have 0 direct referrals.  Bidvertister creates exposure for your ad whether you want to use it for your PTC website or to promote a product or a blog.  I know this site works because I have received referrals for other sites.  Yet, I haven’t received anything for ClixSense.com.
That brings me to my next question; why?  Why aren’t people signing up for this website?  The site itself has been around since 2007 which makes it one of the oldest PTC sites around.  The longevity of the site should pull people in alone; that’s excellent security in the PTC world.YOU CAN’T RENT REFERRALS!  Sure it can be a waste of money, but so can spending time clicking on the ads and only getting $0.001!  Direct referrals are extremely difficult to get unless you have some elaborate system or if you’re an admin of a different PTC website.  After netting all those views and clicks I have some serious doubts about this site.
My goal the rest of the way forward is to try and hit the $15.00 mark (to essentially get my money back) than leave.  ClixSense doesn’t offer enough opportunity to make a good profit.  To me it’s not worth a few dollars a year, especially if their isn’t an opportunity to grow.  If making a few dollars this year meant making $200+ next year this would absolutely be worth it.
To give you an idea of what I am doing here are my numbers as of 10:48 am (CT) on February 7, 2012:
  • Membership Level - Premium
  • Invested - $14.95 (for membership upgrade)
  • Account Total - $2.4840
  • Net Loss -  -$12.466
  • Referrals - 0
If you’re okay clicking on 3, 15, 30, and 60 second ads then this site is for you.  If you are doing that in hopes to one day get referrals, stop and realize your wasting your time.  I won’t say this site doesn’t work because it did make some people a little money early on.  At this point in time that site is past its prime.  My advice, if you’re going to sign up for ClixSense do it to help fund your other PTC websites, but DON’T UPGRADE TO PREMIUM!  I do sincerely hope my opinion of this website changes.  However, that’s looking highly unlikely right now.

No comments: